I can edit knitting and crochet patterns using either UK or US terminology. The following services apply to both knitting and crochet.
- Check your pattern against your Style Sheet.
- Make sure all abbreviations are listed and clear.
- Look for spelling mistakes and consistency with grammar and punctuation.
- Make sure the maths is correct in the stitch count, tension and sizing.
- Make sure the pattern layout flows logically from section to section.
- Ensure your photos, schematics and charts agree with the pattern.
- Make sure there is a key for the charts.
- Can work from a PDF or Word document, and in Google Docs.
I charge £25 British Pounds Sterling /$35 USD an hour for all services, including grading, charts and schematics, billed in 15 minute increments. Below is a rough guide of how long I would expect a tech edit to take.
- Simple (1 size, no chart/1 chart) - 0.5 to 1 hour
- Medium (Multiple sizes and charts, additional techniques) - 1 to 2 hours
- Complex (Multiple sizes and charts, unusual techniques/construction) - Up to 3 hours
- Simple (Simple construction, few sizes, no chart) - 1.5 to 2.5 hours
- Medium (Multiple sizes and charts, standard construction) - 3 to 4 hours
- Complex (Multiple sizes and charts, unusual techniques/construction - Up to 5 hours
These times are purely for reference, and could vary from pattern to pattern.
My rate includes all edits, plus a final read through after the test knitting/crocheting is completed. When we are both happy with the pattern (prior to test knitting/crocheting), I will send you an invoice through PayPal. Finally, when the pattern is released I will showcase it on Instagram.
I also offer competitive rates for a bundle of patterns and books. Please fill out the form below to find out more.